According to the Oxford Dictionary, Orthodontics treatment is: The treatment of irregularities in the teeth (especially of alignment and occlusion) and jaws, including the use of braces.
Here at Francis Dental, it means so much more. We strive to give you back your smile. We use a vast variety of orthodontic tools and exams such as plaster models of your teeth, a full medical and dental health history, and special X-rays and photographs, along with a vast variety of more common orthodontic diagnostic tools to determine the prime treatment plan that’s most fitting for you.
Some of the more common things we can correct here are:
- Overbite – The projection of the upper teeth beyond the lower.
- Underbite – The projection of the lower teeth beyond the upper.
- Crossbite – When the upper teeth do not come down slightly in front of the lower teeth when biting together normally.
- Open Bite – Upper incisor crowns fail to overlap the lower incisor crowns when the mandible is brought into full occlusion.
- Misplaced Midline – The upper front teeth does not line up with the center of the lower front teeth.
- Spacing – The general gaps or added spaces between teeth as the result of missing teeth.
- Crowding – When there are too many teeth for the dental ridge to handle.