A comprehensive dental exam will be performed by Dr. Francis at your initial dental visit, which will include a dental x-ray to check how everything is doing. At regular check-up exams, Dr. Francis and the hygienist will include the following:
- Examination of dental x-rays: Essential for detection of decay, tumors, cysts, and bone loss. X-rays also help determine tooth and root positions.
- Oral cancer screening: Check the face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums for any signs of oral cancer.
- Gum disease evaluation: Check the gums and bone around the teeth for any signs of periodontal disease.
- Examination of tooth decay: All tooth surfaces will be checked for decay with special dental instruments.
- Examination of existing restorations: Check current fillings, crowns, etc.
All of our clients receive a thorough review of their dental x-ray. It is our philosophy to try and catch any dental issues before they become serious medical problems. Call us today and find out how you can keep your teeth healthier than ever!